Barry Callebaut posts lower volume amid rising cocoa prices By Reuters


(Reuters) -Chocolate maker and cocoa processor Barry Callebaut on Wednesday reported lower-than-expected sales volume in its first quarter, hit by customer-retailer pricing negotiations and delayed orders amid record high cocoa prices.

The Swiss-based group, which supplies chocolate for Unilever (LON:) soon the Magnum ice creams and Nestle (NSE:)’s KitKat bars, said its sales volume fell 2.7% to 565,000 tonnes in the quarter ended November 30, compared with analysts’ forecast of 568,000 tonnes in a consensus provided by the company.

The company said it expected full-year sales volume to fall by a small percentage point. It previously said it expects flat cocoa sales for the fiscal year, as the raw material sells in London for about 8,700 pounds ($10,737.54) per metric ton.

It also said it issued a bond worth 300 million Swiss francs ($331 million) to meet high costs and ensure liquidity.

© Reuters. FILE PHOTO: Employees of chocolate and cocoa product maker Barry Callebaut prepare chocolates after the company's annual news conference in Zurich, Switzerland November 7, 2018. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann/File Photo

($1 = 0.8102 pounds)

($1 = 0.9063 Swiss francs)





Source link

  • Related Posts

    Fear of Northern Ireland has become ‘Collateral Damage’ in Trade Trade Trade

    Unlock White House Watch Newsletter for free Your guide to what 2024 US elections mean is Washington and the world Northern Ireland Risks Become a “Collateral Dress” in President Donald…

    The new post-Temporada Tournament gives the teams a second chance

    While winning is the most important thing for players, some are happy to expand their season. The men’s final is still days, but the College dance does not rest. These…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *